Saturday, January 31, 2015

Puppy Parodies: I Only Wanna Be With You

I was watching our dog Amelia run around like a crazy beast this morning being the goofball that she is and the idea for this struck me. The first verse rolled out as I was saying it and I just took it from there.

"Only Wanna Be With You" ~ To the tune of the Hootie and the Blowfish song of the same name

You and me, we come from different worlds,
You like to laugh at me when I’m barking at the squirrels.
Sometimes I’m crazy, and you wonder why,
It’s ‘cause I’m a puppy and I like to make you smile.

Well there’s nothing I can do...
I only wanna be with you.
You can call me your fool,
Amelia - The inspiration for this song
I only wanna be with you

Puttin’ on my leash and goin’ for a walk,
I think “this life is great” as I begin to trot.
Kids and puppies with which to play,
Sniffs to sniff along the way
And you know when I get home in my sunbeam I will lay

Can’t help it if I’m lucky,
I only wanna be with you.
Yeah I’m passed out now it’s true,
I only wanna be with you.

Sometimes I wonder, if this’ll ever end,
I get so lonely when you go out with your friends.
Then you come home, and it’s an awesome time
As we play squeaky ball late into the night.

Yeah there’s
nothing I can do,
I only wanna be with you!
Oh I’m actin’ like a fool,
Cause I only wanna be with you!
Yeah I’m tangled up in you!
I’m only gonna be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment